Date(s) - 10/27/2018 - 10/28/2018
Tall Oaks Conference Center
October 27-28, 2018 Mini Camp Session
Arrival: Saturday, 9:30am Departure: Sunday, 4:00pm
Mini Camp provides a two-day, one-night overnight camp experience. Camp offers a quality experience involving relationship development, recreation, and relaxation and is specifically designed to meet the needs of children and youth with autism spectrum disorders.
For individuals on the autism spectrum that are:
- between the ages of 8 and 18 at the time of camp,
- at least fairly independent with self-care skills (showering, dressing, toileting),
- able to stay with or near the group (with accommodations and adaptations),
- able to tolerate the outdoors and all that nature brings (bugs, warmth, etc.),
- able to enjoy the activities on the schedule
- successful with a 3:2 or 2:1 child:adult ratio and
- not presently exhibiting behavioral or functional needs that would warrant the constant support of 1:1 assistance.
Camp Encourage accepts a limited number of Peer Models to attend camp.